Monday, June 29, 2009

Gloria and Frank E-session (Teasers)

When I first discussed ideas for the engagement shoot with Frank and Gloria, they made it very clear that they didn't just want those typical lovey-dovey poses. They said they didn't need to look at photos of themselves looking at each other all googly eyed, because they do enough of that as it is. I assured them that we would do something that would suit their personalities perfectly. :)

Who knew Calvin and Hobbes could be so inspiring! :)





On such a scorching hot day, we couldn't pass up an opportunity to go indoors... plus, these stairs looked amazing!







Now, ready for some bball action?





Frank's about to get schooled! ...






...But he was a good sport about it. :)



I absolutely loved being able to incorporate Calvin and Hobbes and bball into the session. I've realized as I've been shooting more and more that I don't want my couples to fit a certain mold or style. I think photos really come to life when the subjects are in their element. Rather than picking typical locations or certain poses, I really enjoy incorporating more of who they are... whether it be with hobbies, favorite locations, or certain items that have sentimental value. That way my photos can tell better stories. :)

No comments: