Monday, December 29, 2008

Back from Venice!

Michelle and I went to Italy for the past week, but it's good to be back! The past week in Venice has been utterly exhausting. Not my idea of a vacation. If something could possibly go wrong, it did go wrong. lol Just one example of it is on Christmas Day walking from bus station to bus station to find a way into the main islands... and having to chase down a random bus (the first bus we saw in maybe 3 hours), take a tour of the wrong part of the city, then finally get to a stop to get on the right bus. That was a good story. Like they say... it's either a good time or a good story, and you're lucky if they are both. I guess we were lucky that we missed the flood, though.

The part that I did highly enjoy was the stay in Verona. Our couchsurfing friends, Damiano and Gabrielle were incredible hosts! Couchsurfing is an awesome way to meet people who love travel! You just have to filter through the creepy ones who are just looking for hookups. They seriously blessed our trip so much by taking us around and cooking for us. I think I could learn a thing or two about hospitality from them. :) They were amazing... I'm tellin ya!

Verona wasn't as touristy, and we got to the top of a castle and discovered the most romantic place with the most beautiful view!! *sigh I am in love with the place and definitely would love to come back to Verona. It's amore! We also met some really cool people all throughout our trip, that made it worthwhile. :)

Just a couple quick photos from the trip:






Added to the books I finished.

*Redeeming Love
*Screwtape Letters
*Scarket Thread
*Twilight
*Nights of Rodanthe
*The Father Heart of God
*My Father's Heart

Someone keeps telling me that the Hobbit is really good, but I haven't gotten into the Lord of the Rings or the Harry Potters yet...

No comments: