Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Garbage City - Cairo, Egypt

There are slums of Cairo and then a notch lower is Garbage City. Staying in this area meant you were eating and breathing garbage. They say living a day in Cairo is the equivalent of smoking 20 cigarettes a day, but this area was definitely more than 20 when they were burning the garbage right next to you. :(









However, if you can see beyond the garbage and discomfort of being around it, there lies so many beautiful people and treasures. I thank God that He doesn't see people on the same level that we do. I thank God that we were able to experience His heart for the people there... something that might not have come right at the beginning. God sees treasures, and we are the treasure hunters. :)





This is me at the orphanage in the area where I met the most precious baby! I really wish I could have taken her with me. :( I miss her!

No comments: