Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm in Germany!

It has been a crazy journey so far. So far... I almost missed one of my layover flights in Philly. They were calling my name multiple times over the intercom telling me the doors were closing and the plane was taking off. I had to sprint from one end of the airport to the opposite end. When I arrived in Germany, I found out my luggage hadn't arrived and that it was still in London!! They took down my information, though, and assured me they would send it to me as soon as they receive it.

A lot of people told me that a majority of German people speak English, but with my luck, no one I approached spoke English. Not only did they not speak English, they didn't even understand my broken German. lol I was probably butchering it.., completely. How sad. haha Luckily, with a lot of pointing and body language, I made my way safely to my destination AND my luggage arrived the next day!

I meant to blog before I left letting everyone know that in the next few months I will be in various parts of Europe/Asia/Africa traveling on a more personal assignment, and overall, learning, growing, and expanding my worldview. I know it will be amazing! Just FYI, I will be back in the States in time for wedding season. I really want to do a country-side wedding here, though. Any takers? lol ;) I feel so lucky to have a job that allows me to travel this much. It is definitely a blessing.

I was able to do some exploring the past couple days, and it is just so so beeeeeautiful here! The leaves are beginning to turn. The only thing I may have a complaint about is that it is freezing. I've been too spoiled by GA weather. Here are some photos from the weekend.

















It's fall!! I love fall colors. :)


And occasionally I made people model for me! :)





bis bald! :)

Love, Esther

5 comments:

Kym said...

so many trees! i love it =)
i'm glad to hear that you're doing well and feel so comfortable, that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ester....it's Brenda...Jack's friend Richard's sister (remember the b-day?) WOW! LUCKY GIRL! How awesome that you are not in Germany! How cool! I would love to go there one day. My great grandfather was from there. Enjoy yourself..I know you will. Also, I hadn't realized you were going to all those continents! WOWZERS! That is VERY nice! How do you do? Yeah, being a photographer is pretty awesome! I love pictures...FYI...I now come to your site often just to check out your latest work. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. I look forward to hear about your traveling adventures (while I sit here at work in a grey cubicle...yeah me?) :)

Anonymous said...

oops, I meant to write how awesome that you are NOW in Germany :|

Anonymous said...

double oops...I meant to write how do you do IT?? (travel, that is)

Esther Julee said...

lol Brenda, I think i got it the first time. ;) I'm not exactly sure how I got here bc it was somewhat unplanned, but all I can say is it has been one amazing journey. You should definitely visit here. It is so beautiful! :)