Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday, Riddick!

Happy Halloween (since I seldom update my blog on Saturdays), and Happy First Birthday Riddick!  Goodness, I'm still up after a long night of editing.  I figure it would be appropriate to update my blog with halloween themed photos before the weekend.  Hope you enjoy them! :)

The birthday was a halloween-themed birthday and was decked out in killer decor.  The cake was incredible!  The knife handle has the shape of a One.  Too cool!  Will have to find out the place Kathy picked it up.  You can't really see them as well, but the cupcakes had brain-shaped frosting.



Genius!  They made the fingers with string cheese and bell peppers and the monster teeth with apples and almonds.  Then the name labels for the drinks!



A brain carved out of a watermelon.  They don't mess around.



This was the real cake that he got to dig his hands into.  Babies + messy food = priceless!



Kisses with mom.  He's making a kissy face. :)  He practically imitated a lot of the mouth shapes we made throughout the day to entertain and keep his attention.



Cute moment with grandpa.  Taken by Jacob.



The entire gang.  Love all the different costumes.



The next photo is of Riddick's auntie and uncle, who helped make it all possible.  :)  I met Michelle and Adam as models on a photography workshop with Scott Robert.  We even had to do the Scott Robert signature pose for the memories.  They still got it!  ;)  Also, the photo in the back is Riddick's dad's.  He's a photographer himself and had tons of awesome photography around his house.



It was so good seeing old friends and making new ones.  Definitely a pleasure getting to shoot this birthday with them!  Hope this gave you some creative halloween party ideas.  If you need photography coverage for an event, let us know (jacob@estherjulee.com). :)

As for the update on the costume.  Now I am even more confused.  I'm an owner of a brand new sewing machine, and I have no idea how to operate it, starting with threading the thing.  I have tons of fabric and all sorts of crazy miscellaneous items I've never owned, but not a clue what to do with any of it. :)  The ideas are there... I assure you.  I just can't quite execute them... well... yet.  I have a backup, too, so we'll see how it all goes.  I'll update with photos next week.  Saturday, I'm hoping to go out and photograph the foliage before all the colors disappear.  It's about time for another photo adventure!

Sidenote:  Halloween-themed weddings don't look as cheesy as they sound.  But I probably wouldn't do it for my own wedding.  Cool to see though

No comments: