Friday, August 15, 2008

My First Flat Tire.

It's Frrrrrriday! :) Happy Friday! For the past couple days I've had to wake up at 6AM or earlier to drive out (waaaay out) SE of Atlanta for training. For those who didn't already know, I am starting to work for Lifetouch photographing preschool kids and infants for my M-F job. Today is my last day of training! :) Thank God! Driving through traffic is not one of my favorite things to do, especially after being sleep deprived. I think I had to literally slap myself a few times while on the road.

Yesterday, I had a lot of fun setting up studio equipment, and practicing photographing Chucky dolls. LOL. I am not a big fan of those dolls. Any of those dolls that have eyelids that blink are pretty scary looking.

On my way back from training, I wasn't paying attention to the road and hit a big piece of unidentified metal, which resulted in THIS huge tear on my tire. Just my luck!



I don't think this one is repairable.

I was over in the lane next to the HOV. And Slowing down considerably while switching over 5-6 lanes was probably not the safest thing to do, but good thing I am a skilled driver (and let's not hold it against me that I just ran over this big metal object ha). I pulled into the shoulder, and in my panic, began to call several of my guy friends I knew in the area. I finally got a hold of one of my previous co-workers who was on his way home at the time and asked him to come save me. I was standing outside waiting for him thinking to myself "where is my white prince/knight in shining armour in times like this?!" lol And that's when I came to the realization that I know how to change out my own tire. I don't always have to rely on some guy to come to my rescue. Wow. Wake up, Esther, you can actually save yourself this time! haha

and so I did. The End.



Those things were screwed in so tight. I had to put my hair up because it was getting hot up in there!



Finally!



I had a D70 on me so when my co-worker came, he was able to capture some of my proud moments for changing out my first real-life flat tire. :) So you get to see snapshots of my life. By the way, they gave me the D70 to practice on so I can familiarize myself to it. The only thing that I like about Nikon is the softer shutter sound. Oooh and maybe also the shortcuts to deleting and formating. I'm not trying to be a hater, but I love my 5D. It is my baby, and nothing can replace it.

No comments: