Monday, August 18, 2008

Stephanie Scarlet (Teasers)

Remember Stephanie?



I did a photoshoot with her a few years back when I was just starting out with my limited knowledge of posing and lighting. hehe I feel like technically learning how to use a camera is easy-breezy. It just takes a little time getting used to all the settings and getting the right exposures, but it is really knowing your light, your creativity with poses and lighting, and being resourceful that really takes you from being an average photographer to a GREAT photographer. I find it very difficult for all these things to be self-taught, too. The photoshoot was with Stephanie back then was really good practice, and I did get a couple good shots from it, but I can definitely see that my work has evolved so much since then! All of it came through the help of being mentored by Scott, who is an amazing photographer, and also studying under other great photographers who are nationally and internationally recognized for their work. I don't know about you, but I want to go above and beyond just Atlanta, or Georgia, or even the U.S.! Maybe ten years from now, I will only do exotic destination weddings! lol That way I can always have my business and my pleasure all in one trip! :)

This second photoshoot with Stephanie was a lot of fun! I think we both had a really good time exploring through this area that I discovered a month ago and blogged about here. I was so excited that she agreed to do it at that location, because I was really itching to do a photoshoot there.

Stephanie Scarlet is super woman. She is an amazing woman, and I really admire her for who she is. Not only is she getting her Ph.D. in aerospace engineering (and this is tough stuff!), she is also a singer/songwriter. You can check out some of her songs here. The website actually shows a photo that I took from the first photoshoot. lol She is super smart, super talented, and super sweet! :) AND she is gorgeous, but that doesn't even need to be said, as you can see from the photos! ;)





Oh, and I have to share a pretty funny story from yesterday! Actually, the part where I nearly killed myself wasn't too funny, but I'm laughing thinking about it all now. Anyways, I was driving to meet up with Stephanie at her house, and so I was looking at the directions and looking around at different house numbers to find her place. When I saw the house, I was completely oblivious to the oncoming traffic and turned into the road, and a bimmer almost hit me and honked pretty long and hard and finally drove on by. I parked and sat in the car trying to regain my composure, and minutes later he showed up beside me and rolled down his window. I was thinking, 'Oh, man, best prepare yourself,' and reluctantly rolled down mine.

But I didn't get the response I expected. He simply asked if I was okay. I apologized several times, and he told me that he just wanted to check up on me and make sure I was okay. At first, I was thinking WOW~ he must be a really nice guy! You don't meet people like that anymore. But after I gave it some more thought I realized that he was pretty upset before and probably did come back to yell at me. After he saw that I was a girl, though, he must have changed his mind. lol I love being a girl sometimes. :)

No comments: