Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My first youtube appearance!

I've been finally testing out my video functions on my Mark II, and you'll get to see some of it.  It's been a lot of fun - and adds a completely new dynamic to how I see the world.  I remember one of my best friends in high school writing on her (film major) college app essay, 'if a picture is worth 1000 words, imagine how many a motion picture is worth.'  Although, it's been fun exploring videography and it's something I will dabble in here and there, my passion will remain with photography.  Plus, I'm not ready to spend a thousand dollars on video editing software.

Jacob (my studio manager and good friend) and his brother Josh are in a band called The Fu.  I had the opportunity to be a guest in one their youtube videos... my debut on youtube!  Check out the video and don't be mean.  I'm used to being on the other side of the camera, so I was camera shy and felt super awkward and nervous.



Here are some other videos I took on their rooftop.  You can check them out as well.
Below are some photos of them playing live at different events/venues.  They play shows throughout the year (find their schedule at thefumusic.com), and I might even make a special guest appearance at some of the shows.  Come by and hang out... to see a wedding photographer turned youtube sensation!  haha jk









2 comments:

DiemPhotographer said...

totally badass esther! :)

Jennifer Wong said...

esther you are so cute!! i loved it!