Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ignite 2009.

I guess all the while I've been itching to leave Atlanta, wishing that I'd be sent on a mission to some foreign country, God has been doing a lot here in Atlanta.  The truth is, I've been missing a lot of it because I've been so stubborn and giving myself every excuse not to get plugged in more to the community here.  I don't think I can blame the reverse culture shock anymore (Who knew that 6 months away can really mess a person up that much. :P).

I've been reading Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne.  Such a great book.  I read half of it the first day I opened it.  And trust me it's good, because I am not a book person.  It's been reminding me that there are ordinary radicals everywhere, and they don't just belong in Calcutta.  Maybe one day I'll be sent off somewhere, but I can find my Calcutta right here in Atlanta.

Here are just a few photos from the Ignite Conference.  Check out the stairs at the Georgia Dome.  I've never been down to this part of town.  Not even the CNN center.



I snatched this from behind the screen.  I am always so fascinated with shadows and reflections.



Flare from the spotlights!



One of the speakers, Chris Kim from NPCC.



Rize Up band.



I love this photo.  There's something so calming about it.



Find more photos from the conference here.  And if you wanna check out photos from a previous Ignite, you can see them here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful pictures that capture the moment. i can totally agree on how great that book is. it's one of those you can read over and over and discover something new that stands out. unfortunately i was unable to go to ignite but i was definitely thinking about it. :)

p.s. i'm a friend of tek's and he posted the link so that's how i got here. hehe