Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Valentines

Jacob is gone to Toronto for the week and has been sad that he can't call me over the phone because of roaming charges.  He's been emailing me how much he's missing me.  This is only day one.  Clearly, I am not the romantic in this relationship.  I am very lucky to have someone who tries to express to me in many different ways that he loves me.  And sometimes I still don't get it.

This is how I spent my Valentine's evening.  I was excited to get my copy of the Sunday newspaper, so I was completely pre-occupied clipping away my coupons, while Jacob was busily working on his V-day project downstairs.  When I was finally allowed to go down, I saw the dining room table candle lit and Wall-e holding onto my card and gift. (Wall-e's been part of a lot of our special moments, and I have a feeling he'll also have a part in the wedding.)



The meal consisted of a mixed greens salad in my favorite poppyseed dressing and then a marinated pork over corn & rice.  The rice was was shaped like a heart... maybe because I dropped the hint one too many times about how one of my gf's fiance had put together this elaborate dinner with flower shaped salmon etc etc etc.  haha  I do know he put a lot of TLC into it... and the fact that he cooks every other day out of the week for me is what counts most.  There's no longer so much emphasis on one day out of the year to be a romantic (which is what I least like about V-day)... but it's like that every day.  Relationships are always hard work, but I'm grateful to know he's always trying to love me better each day.

No comments: