Thursday, February 18, 2010

Slowing down for what matters & 365:32-40.

I have to admit that these days with work and wedding planning, it's easy to get self-absorbed and be too busy for anything else.  After going through the Purpose Driven Life with my small group (more about that on another blog), I feel the need to make some changes in my day-to-day.

I love the quote "it's all the tiny decisions you make daily that make up your character."  Or "your life is the sum result of all the choices you make."  I can't keep making excuses with my "busyness" and push certain things off until after the wedding.  Changes never happen overnight, and if I keep waiting, I may never run out of excuses.

At the end of the day, it's not about finishing X amount of tasks that day.  I want to be able to know that I've been a good friend, a good fiancee, a good daughter, and a good neighbor.  I guess sometimes I need someone to tell me to slow down and just be available. :)

"Busyness is a great enemy of relationships.  We become preoccupied with making a living, doing our work, paying bils, and accomplishing goals as if these tasks are the point of life.  They are not.  The point of life is learning to love - God and people." - Purpose Driven Life.

And speaking of 2010 resolutions and 30 before 30 goals, it's really embarrassing to see that I haven't maintained or achieved much out of my list (I'll have to have a separate blog post of my progress there).

At the very least, I started p90x all over again and we are keeping up with the 365 project for 2010 resolutions... but we do have to work on posting them up to date.  Here are the next set for the 365 photo a day for 2010.  Just 32-40 this time (see previous here).  We decided for the month of February, we'd do something different and have vertical/portrait photos.

02.01.10 Snacks straight from Japan!  CVS.  I have no creative caption for you.



02.02.10 Organizing is not my nature, but I can stack!  Dinosaurs are so much more fun to eat.



02.03.10 Yane's engagement ring and cute card from Ben.  Late-night tennis... in freezing weather!



02.04.10 Fortune or advice.  Still temporary business cards.



02.05.10  After and before.  I made the alfredo sauce (for the recipe).  It's great when recipes say quick and easy.  Jacob cooked the rest.



02.06.10  Yane and Ben's e-session.



02.07.10 Brainstorming ideas with a florist.  Superbowl Sunday.



02.08.10  My inspiration wall.  Saegye: our inspiration to grow plants!



02.09.10  One of my girls trying on my bridesmaid dress.  Praying for Haiti.

1 comment:

Il Savinese said...

Ciao,vuoi fare uno scambio link?
Saluti
Giacomo