Thursday, July 24, 2008

Interviews.

Recently, I've been looking for part time work that would get me some extra income and wouldn't interfere with my weddings, photoshoots, and editing schedule. I answered this craigslist ad looking for a preschool photographer and actually landed me an interview. Yesterday, was that interview. I went in there thinking this is gonna be cake and that I'm seriously overqualified for the job, so all I have to do is dumb it down a little and make it all work. I got there and found myself sitting in a room with six other people and found out only one person would be hired after the rounds. The tension in the room thickened. It was like we entered into the elimination rounds of a reality show and they were secretly taping us. But soon enough, I decided to break the awkward silence and we all began exchanging business cards and wishing each other the best of luck (haha secretly inside.. not better luck than me! So the competitive side of me comes out.) :)

We will or will not hear back by Friday, and from the looks of it, there is a 50% chance I will get the job! They asked me to go grab lunch and come back after all the other interviews are through so they can ask me more questions. So far so good.... only there was another girl that got asked back as well. The other girl previously worked for the company in a different area, so it's going to be some tough competition. A truly humbling experience.

So meanwhile, I went and grabbed lunch at this super cute mom and pop sandwich shop/pharmacy. haha I guess it can make a great combo. Then, I walked around the area, which was the downtown/olde town of this small city/suburb of greater Atlanta, and I made some really interesting discoveries. I like the historic parts of these smaller cities. They have so much character. Thanks to having my mom's point and shoot camera on me, I had a mini photo adventure. I think I will definitely have to do a photoshoot there... this place was practically MADE for that purpose.. And had I not decided to wander around, I would have never discovered it. :) They even had this little japanese garden area there, so you could mix it up a little. Here are a few snaps of the day.

I've never been to Europe, but I imagine it would look a little like this?





This is such a cool door. I love the wood that's all splintering and chipping away.



Bright colors!



When I saw this I could imagine two people sitting there eating sandwiches. :)



I had to throw this one in here because the food was sooo yummy on Sunday. Thanks, Brian, for doing all the prepping!!

No comments: