Friday, May 1, 2009

30 before 30.

Lately, there has been so much I've wanted to do and so little time to do it, I've decided to prioritize my list. I started a list of 100 things to do in my lifetime (sounds more positive than 100 things to do before I die lol), and stopped maybe a quarter of the way back when I started it. It's always good, though, to re-evaluate where you are and set new goals and remind yourself of old ones, so I've decided to pick it back up where I left off. The first thirty on the list I'm hoping will be reached by age 30. So here we have it.

30 before 30

1. Learn to do an oil change and change out a tire.
2. Second shoot a wedding for someone I admire.
3. Buy a guy flowers (edible creations works).
4. Do a photog mission trip.
5. Go to Italy and eat real Italian food.
6. Break 100 in bowling!
7. Run a (half) marathon (maybe after a 5k and 10k lol).
8. Finish the last piano piece I was playing before I quit six-seven years ago.
9. Take a cooking course: http://www.foodnetworkclasses.com
10. Cook a 5 course meal for someone (special).
11. Commit to fully financially support an orphanage.
12. Learn guitar so that I can at least play 5 of my favorite songs.
13. Learn to throw a football.
14. Be decent enough to hit some balls back and forth in tennis.
15. Take salsa classes.
16. Take swing classes.
17. Take a beginner improv comedy class.
18. Perform at an open mic.
19. Go to Death Valley.
20. Go to Antelope Canyon.
21. Kill a spider (a very small one... maybe more like on a microscopic scale).
22. Get my wedding photography published somewhere awesome.
23. Plant a tree.
24. Take tango classes.
25. Be the best friend, girlfriend, (wife) ever! hehe How this will look... I have no idea.
26. Skydive.
27. Learn conversational Spanish.
28. Do a photoshoot for a rising actress/singer/group.
29. Go to New Zealand, Australia.
30. Go to Southern Africa (S Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe).

Hopefully, this will encourage or inspire some of you to start your own list of big yet realistic goals. AND... of course, it wouldn't be a photoblog without the photos.

First, I needed an opinion. There seems to be a grain-phase, and I'm not sure if I want to hop onto the bandwagon just yet. Which is better?

Less:


More:



And then all the activities! Yes these are velcro bowling shoes. How awesome is that on the scale of awesomeness. I actually miss velcro!



Tennis, too! I've been inspired to be more active lately. So for all you active people out in California, thanks for being my inspiration! ;)



Guitar lessons at the park right before our run... before I looked all sweaty and icky:

6 comments:

kjow said...

nice list!! i definitely like the less grain picture better. the more grain looks like it's shot at higher ISO. lol! velcro is totally awesome. some of my climbing shoes have velcro straps :P

Jennifer Chong said...

i like the shot less grainy as well.

9. i took a cooking class from foodnetwork at atlantas art institute, it was very disappointing, id recommend taking classes from viking cooking school..

Anonymous said...

i like both, it depends on what you're going for. i like the first one if i really had to pick one, but then the second has the newspaper picture look to it.. so it depends on who wants what.

Read and See said...

I'm not a fan of the grainy look that's going around right now - I'd say less grain everytime! I love that you make lists like this (fully supporting an orphanage? Wow - go you!) If you ever come to South Africa I would love to get together!

Esther Julee said...

Thanks! :)

j.chong, that's really good to know. I will have to check out the other place!

heej, lol yeah I'm still very torn. Mixed reviews.

ruby slippers, I am really hoping to go by 2010. I would definitely be open to meeting up in SA! :)

Jesse Shieh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.