Monday, May 25, 2009

Day trip to Portland.

We took a day trip up to Portland, Maine last week to hang out, see lighthouses, and eat lobster. Portland was soooooo beautiful. There were many jaw dropping moments at the coastline. And with two beautiful ladies at my side, I really can't ask for more. Well, maybe.... if it was 20 degrees warmer, we would have stayed outside for longer than 10 minutes at a time! hahaha All three of us are true southern girls spoiled by warm weather, Hsiao and I from Atlanta and Sophia from Houston.

Maine... the way LIFE should BE. Breathtaking, isn't it?





Sometimes it's easy to overlook beautiful things that come in small packages. Maybe I like to give credit to small things, because it's easier for me to relate. ;) These cute little flowers were hidden in a huge field of grass... but it's not only in Portland that you can make these kinds of discoveries. When you're willing to stop yourself from the day-to-day agendas, and take a look around, you might discover that some pretty awesome things surround you... which brings me of the thought of the day from my new journal: Don't hurry, don't worry. You're only here for a short visit so be sure to smell the flowers along the way. Okay, back to Portland.



Thanks to yelp we found ourselves a place where the locals go for lobster.



Whole lobsters kind of remind me of giant bugs with all their creepy legs, so I settled for a lobster roll instead. lol



I don't care if that bar in the middle distracts and ruins the photo, and I refuse to photoshop it out today. I will just love you the way you are, flaws and all. :)



Trying to master the self taken photos. This was try 3948235. Or maybe it was just 3.



New profile pic taken by Sophia. Talk about awesome job!


Sister love.



More on flickr and facebook.

No comments: