Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A weekend getaway to... the boonies?!

It was just four of us having a weekend getaway to the boonies of Georgia.  Who knew this place existed in Dahlonega?!  It was a little piece of heaven for me, since I missed Cali so much.







Here's Sadee who joined us for brunch at the winery.



Now a glimpse of our cabin that we stayed at.  Wow.  It looks like a fancy dinner.  It's the wine that really makes the photo.  haha We bought marinated beef and chicken from H-mart.  They were life savers and oh-so-yummy.



And notice something in the back?  It's a hot tub.  Yes, a hot tub... smack dab in the middle of the living room!!!  This meant we ditched the afternoon hike and spent nearly 6 hours straight in the tub, chatting, playing games, and watching tv.  Can life get any better?  hahah

I'm sad that I didn't get to travel much this month.  I usually like to take at least one week and go somewhere outside of the A.  Even though it was only maybe half an hour from home and practically our backyard, it was definitely a nice getaway.  If you're itching to travel like me, but can't take extended vacations because you work, I would recommend a day trip out to Dahlonega. :)

No comments: