Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hotspots in Hotlanta!

My earlier post mentioned Daniel who was in Atlanta over the weekend to visit. He's from New York/New Jersey, but he kept saying how ATL are all tobacco chewing, banjo playing, square dancing people, so I had to come up with a full tour of the city to prove to him there was more to Atlanta than the country-side. I mean we call it the dirrty-dirrrrrty for a reason. lol Well, obviously, there is less to do here than in in NYC, but we always have our fair share of fun.

I compiled a list of "hotspots" from places I have visited and other people's recommendations, and I think it was overall a good taste of Atlanta. If any of you decide to visit, I can honestly say these are worthwhile places to go. I was trying to browse through photos from the weekend, but it looks like we only took photos at a few of the locations.

Out of all the touristy things to do, I would probably say the only place worth going is the aquarium. This was just a reminder that we parked on the fourth level.



Jellyfish are always so photogenic. I took hundreds of photos. I'll have to do a second post of all the fishies.



Back at the garage as we were leaving. Always love it when people around me are not too shy to do a little modeling for me when I see good light. ;)



If you want some southern cooking, I would recommend OK Cafe. This was the first time I've been in all the years I've lived in Atlanta, but the food was so yum!



Definitely would recommend the country fried steak (what Daniel ordered as main dish) and squash souffle and three-cheese macaroni (my two sides).



The place is so cute on the outside!



If you want some Korean bbq, Honey Pig is soooooo delish. I am always camera ready. AND I managed to throw up a peace sign (totally unintentional) while I was munching down.



Oooh just looking at it makes my mouth water!



Last but not least, my photo from Waffle House. lol So originally this was not on my list of hotspots, but if I moved up north, I think I would definitely miss it. These were my smart hashbrowns.



So far we have in no particular rank/order:

*Ga Aquarium
*OK Cafe
*Honey Pig

Other places we visited without pictures or just places that are great to visit:

*Brickstore Pub (Get the Fish n' Chips and Brunswick Stew! Plus they have such a huge beer selection that even people like myself who don't like beer can find one they like)
*Chocolate Bar (for wine and dessert)
*Fat Matts (BBQ)
*Whiskey Park

Maybe, I'll come up with a more extensive list as I discover more places, but these were sufficient for one FULL weekend since we also had an engagement session on Sunday.

By the way, I just retook the Myers-Briggs test again, because a friend and I were talking about it over lunch. I guess my personality is always evolving. Seems like now I am a EIFJ (Extrovert-Intuitive-Feeling-Judging) rather than EIFP (Perceiving). There are diff versions, but you can take one here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the OK Cafe in Smyrna/Cobb?? I always pass by it....

Esther Julee said...

It's off of 75 N? I think there's only one!