Monday, April 13, 2009

Chase and Charissa Baptism

Easter Sunday, I went to go photograph my cousin's twins getting a baptism. Of course, I couldn't help but photograph other parts of the day. :)



Chase loves being thrown in the air. Over and over again. lol He's an active one.



Here he is with daddy.


The baptism:





Mini photoshoot up in the baby's room. haha It went from "Chase, lean back so you don't fall over. Keep your hands down! Look at me!" to "Okay, I'll let you do your thing and if you laugh at me once in a while -- Score!" :)





Charissa is a shy one. It's so cool to watch their personalities develop at such a young age.




Okay, Auntie's gonna feed you. Good thing they taught us how to do this at the orphanage. lol



And make a mess on your face just to take a photo of you. lol



Chase loves talking on the phone. He laughs and smiles whenever he hears a voice on the other end. Who is it? Is it daddy?


Last but not least, Chase and her Auntie. :) He kept trying to pull of my glasses, but finally I managed a good photo with him.



Baby photography is different from photographing adults and kids. No matter what they are always so comfortable in front of the camera and always have natural expressions. But there are a lot of similarities as well, because you have to get these expressions out of them. Cooperating with your vision is a whole different story. haha

Sometime during the process of starting my photography business, I started to lose sight of my love for photography. I always had a fear that when you something you love into a career, you could quite possibly lose your love for it. It did happen as I started focusing more on the networking and business aspect of it. I stopped taking my camera out for anything other than photoshoots and weddings, and began to think what's wrong with this picture?

I am so glad that it's days like this, spending time with loved ones and capturing the day that make me realize how much I love what I do. Even my six month trip overseas made me rediscover my passion for photography and my absolute love for people. Photography is my medium to love and serve people. Getting paid for it is just frosting on the cake. :) This is always important to be reminded of.

2 comments:

kjow said...

aww, these pictures are precious! i love the feeding pic, lol! messy messy! ;P

Anonymous said...

thank you again.!!!!
the kids are soooooooo cute!!! who is the mom??? kk
they are proud that they have a aunt like you!!!