Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jean and Mike E-session 2.

Wow. I am so stoked with these photos from their session, I need to do a second post in a row. This has been unprecedented in my blog history. I stayed in Friday night working on photos, and it looks like tonight is looking very much the same. I have been toying around with different post-processing, but so far I'm really liking the new look. Btw, what happened to textures? I came back six months later, and it doesn't seem like photographers are using them as much.

Here are just a few more photos from the session. I just couldn't resist! The next time post about them, it will be their slideshow.

They wanted to incorporate their smart car into the photo, and I told them I'll see what I can do. Lucky for them AND me, I may have found myself a new favorite photo of all time!! :)


The reflection off the car. We tried to use a dirty old sock to wipe off the pollen, but it never goes away. Let's just pretend that they're reflections of stars, or even better, a texture! :)



So peaceful.









I'm finally able to unleash all this creativity inside me now that I am... what's the word? Shameless. And this is in the most positive way you can think. haha Also, it usually helps when the couple is willing to do just about anything for a good photo opportunity. :)

I think I have always had some amount of insecurity with whether the couple would be comfortable with me during the photoshoot, whether they would cooperate with my ideas, or would I even have good ideas?! There's a lot to think about. Lighting. Location. Posing. etc. etc. etc. It can be overwhelming if you're not confident in what you're doing. You always have to expect the unexpected and know how to make lemonade out of lemons.

What changed? Two things. The first is practice. I do believe with more practice, we are able to be more at ease with ourselves in our giftings and abilities, and we're able to explore new territory. Second, I feel a lot more free in the way I interact with people. I'd like to think that God has given me this gift and career for some greater purpose. I want to be able to pour my heart out into my work and into the people I work with.

And of course at the very least, I want us to just have a good time. Having fun on the photoshoot is just as important as nailing the shots. Usually they go hand in hand as well. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of car is the smart car? I'm just wondering. By the way, your photos are EXCELLENT. Really amazing photos!

Esther Julee said...

I just took this right off of their website. Protecting the environment, energy efficiency and preservation of natural resources are hallmarks of smart brand. You can find out more here:

http://www.smartusa.com/

Thank you for your comment on my photos! :)