Monday, April 6, 2009

Days like these.

I went to have lunch with a dongseng (younger "brother"), because I had promised to buy him lunch for almost an entire year and never got around to it. When I began heading to midtown (which is maybe 45-50 mins away from where I live), I realized that I never put the number in my cellphone. The only place that the number was saved was in my facebook inbox. Problem.

I called several people to see if they could help me out. For some reason, they happened to ALL be busy (coincidence?). Then, I called my dad at home and tried to talk him through facebook to get the number. This was for about thirty to forty minutes with no avail. He had no idea to navigate through facebook. We were so close... yet so far! God bless him for his efforts, though. I was so stressed out and frustrated. I know I took it out on him, and we hung up knowing that the conversation was not going anywhere.

Good thing that this was not the end of the story. I came home and folded my pride and apologized for being a jerk and for being impatient with him. It was completely my fault for leaving the number, and he was trying to help me the best way he knew how, but he just couldn't. As I was driving back and preparing myself to talk to him, I was so thankful to realize how gracious God has been to me. How patient He has been with me. I have SO much more to grow... especially in this special area of patience, but God gently pushes me to grow through these types of challenges. I can actually say that I am thankful for times like these. Even though it shows me that I have a lot more to grow, I know the direction I'm walking, and I know that God is faithful. Therefore, I can boast all the more in my weaknesses! haha So thankfully my crazy morning just pointed me back to Him and now I can be more hopeful. I love days like these.

This is an old pic of my dad. Maybe from 3 years ago? Seriously! I cannot believe I had such a hard time finding a photo of him. I need to reorganize my photo library. It is a mess!

Just wanted to say: Dad, you are still very awesome! Thanks for always being there. :)



I still need to update my Egypt photos! I promise at least ONE update this week. :)

No comments: