Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

This was my very first time making a cake. The results? Partial success. lol I'm sure it tastes better than it looks.

So basically, it was a 9x13inch cake that broke apart while I was trying to move it from the pan to a tray. Somehow, I managed to salvage a square portion of it, and with enough frosting, you can cover up most of the mistakes! ;)



Thankfully, Mom is not that picky, and she much appreciated the efforts.



The artist and her cake. This chic is probably not going to be pursuing a career as a baker.





I think I'm realizing more and more that I actually enjoy expressing my love for people in ways like this. Putting time and TLC into it, when before I would just buy nice/expensive things and call it a day. lol It was just way easier that way and required much less thinking and creativity. Hoping to let the creative juices flow!

I'm still learning how to love people in their love language, but I think I'm off to decent start. lol Happy birthday and may you have a blessed year! Love you, Mom!

What's your love language?

Mine would be... Words of affirmation (especially written in letter/note-form) > Acts of service (like cooking! hehe) > Receiving gifts > Quality time > Physical touch (I have to mention that I've made a lot of progress in this area. lol My friends really broke me and taught me how to hug.)

1 comment:

kjow said...

aww, that's sooo nice of you! two of my friends made a cake for my birthday last month and i really appreciated their effort. very touching :)

acts of service is definitely high on my list of love languages. it's always really nice to receive something that someone you love put a lot of time and effort into. :D